I use this site to (rarely) blog about things I do.
I’ve studied Physics at the University of Vienna (finished in 2017) and Software & Information Engineering and Computational Intelligence at the Vienna University of Technology (switched to the CI Master after 2/3 of my SW Eng. Bachelor).
For my second Master’s thesis in Computational Intelligence I was employed by the Austrian Institute of Technology to work on Cryptocurrency Analytics. I’ve finished my work there in Summer 2018 and presented the results from my thesis at the Financial Cryptography and Data Security 2019 conference in St. Kitts.
What did I do during my studies
- 1st Thesis: Identified systemically risky companies using the DebtRank method (Battiston, 2012) (Paper/Preprint).
- 2nd Thesis: Used a new method that incorporates information from currency forks to trace Monero transactions; evaluated effectiveness against previously published traceability heuristics (Preprint, Sourcecode, data and results: GitHub/MONitERO)
- Journal Paper: Forensic analysis of Turkish elections in 2017–2018. My contributions for this paper were marginal (data curation & software).
- Computational Intelligence (MSc; Vienna University of Technology, only thesis remaining)
- Lots of algorithms, in some cases even applied to other stuff (geometry, game theory, LP/IP, graph problems, …)
- Machine learning (statistical methods ElemStatLearn, semi-deep (<15 layers) learning)
- A large amount of logic, theoretical CS & discrete mathematics
- A few courses on programming language paradigms (e.g. stack based, functional, constraint based) and theory (e.g. theory of type systems).
- Physics (MSc; University of Vienna, finished 11/2017)
- Computational Physics & Stochastic Processes
- Complex Systems
- Quantum Optics
Things I do
I enjoy (in no particular/alphabetical order):
- A few TV series:
- Curb Your Enthusiasm
- It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia
- Bullet Lists
- C#, Haskell
- Dark Souls
- Some “sports” (Chess, Cycling, Sailing, Skiing)
This website is built with Jekyll. I use the Moon theme from Taylan Tatlı which can be found here