I am Abraham Hinteregger, currently living in Feldkirch, Austria. As I have recently finished my studies I am looking for an interesting job, either in Vorarlberg or Switzerland. Feel free to contact me via mail or on twitter.
I use this site to (rarely) blog about things I do.
I’ve studied Physics at the University of Vienna (finished in 2017) and Software & Information Engineering and Computational Intelligence at the Vienna University of Technology (switched to the CI Master after 2/3 of my SW Eng. Bachelor).
For my second Master’s thesis in Computational Intelligence I was employed by the Austrian Institute of Technology to work on Cryptocurrency Analytics. I’ve finished my work there in Summer 2018 and will present the results from my research at the Financial Cryptography and Data Security 2019 conference (a preprint of the short paper will be available shortly on arXiv.org). Some preliminary results can be found on GitHub/MONitERO.
- Computational Intelligence (MSc; Vienna University of Technology, only thesis remaining)
- Thesis: Used a new method to analyze traceability of Monero, evaluated effectiveness against previously published traceability heuristics.
- Lots of algorithms, in some cases even applied to other stuff (geometry, game theory, LP/IP, graph problems, …)
- Machine learning (statistical methods ElemStatLearn, semi-deep (<15 layers) learning)
- A large amount of logic, theoretical CS & discrete mathematics
- Physics (MSc; University of Vienna, finished 11/2017)
- Thesis: Identified systemically risky companies using the DebtRank method (Battiston, 2012). Submitted to Journal of Financial Stability, preprint available on arXiv.org/1801.10487
- Computational Physics & Stochastic Processes
- Complex Systems
- Quantum Optics
Things I do
I enjoy (in no particular/alphabetical order):
- A few TV series:
- Curb Your Enthusiasm
- It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia
- Bullet Lists
- C#, Haskell
- Dark Souls
- Some “sports” (Chess, Cycling, Sailing, Skiing)
This website is built with Jekyll. I use the Moon theme from Taylan Tatlı which can be found here